Who we are
This website provides valuable information about family games, card games, board games like chess, checkers, monopoly, sequence, Uno, etc. Get all the information about board games by visiting our blog page. We have other websites with a lot of information about different board games worldwide. Visit Learning Board Games for that.
When visitors visit our site and leave comments on the site, we collect the following data:
- The data are shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address, and the Browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- We may provide an anonymized string created from your email address to Gravatar to see if you use it.
- After approving your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images, avoid including EXIF GPS location data, as visitors can extract location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment, you may save your name, email, and website in cookies for convenience, so you don’t need to fill in details again. These cookies last 1 year. We use temporary cookies when you log in to see if your browser accepts cookies. These contain no personal data and are discarded when you close your browser.
Login cookies last 2 days, and screen options cookies last 1 year. “Remember Me” login cookies the previous 2 weeks. Logging out removes login cookies. Editing or publishing an article saves an additional 1-day cookie with no personal data, indicating the post ID of the edited article.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be in the reset email.
Comments and their metadata are retained indefinitely. Users can see, edit, or delete user profiles at any time and by administrators.
Suppose you have an account or left comments. In that case, you can request an exported file of your data and request we erase any personal data we hold about you (except data we must keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes).
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Visitors who are not signed in should have minimal data collected about them. Only data necessary for security, functionality, and legal compliance reasons should be collected.
- Signup and login information should be collected from users who create accounts. This includes username, password, email address, and any optional profile details they provide. This data should be stored securely.
- User data should never be sold to third parties. It should only be used to operate the website and provide user service.
- Cookies should only be used for necessary purposes like remembering login details, and users should be allowed to refuse or delete cookies.
- Children’s privacy should be protected. If there are users under 13, their data requires parental consent under COPPA.
- Users should be able to access, edit, and delete their data. This includes downloading an export file of their information and requesting complete erasure.
- Data retention periods should be clearly outlined. Data should only be kept as long as necessary to operate the service and then securely deleted.
- Security practices should be in place to protect user data, like using encrypted passwords, HTTPS, firewalls, and regular security audits.
- Contact information should be provided for users to request data access, changes, or deletions.